LEXINGTON — The Rockbridge Regional Library will host an online program about organizing and maintaining personal financial records on Friday, Sept. 25, at 11:30 a.m.
Christy Harris, financial advisor with Edward Jones Investments, will present and answer questions.
Attendees will learn about:
• Documents to have and when to update;
• Consequences of not planning ahead;
• Management of existing life insurance policies and annuities;
• Management of donations to charities;
• Who to include in discussions and organization of finances and estates;
• Best practices for financial organization/estate planning
• 2020 changes to how assets pass to heirs;
Harris will share a Personal Financial Organizer (fillable pdf document) that can be used for planning and organizing financial information.
To register for a link to attend the online meeting, email email@example.com.
The Lexington branch of Rockbridge Regional Library System is open Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Fridays from 1-5 p.m., and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Visit them online at www.rrlib. net.
Rockbridge Regional Library System (RRLS) serves the counties of Rockbridge and Bath and the cities of Lexington and Buena Vista.
The RRLS has branches in Buena Vista, Glasgow, Goshen, Warm Springs and Lexington. Outreach and bookmobile services are provided across the region. It is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a United Way agency.
The Virginian Review has been serving Covington, Clifton Forge, Alleghany County and Bath County since 1914.