The Council for the City of Covington will hold a Public Hearing with a regular meeting immediately following on Tuesday, May 9, 2023, at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers of City Hall located at 333 W. Locust Street, Covington, Virginia.
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/MOMENT OF SILENCE-Pastor Dan Gillette
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. To consider the rezoning request of Five Stars, LLC. from R-1 to C-3. The lots are described as 23-3-13-A and 23-3-13-B, located directly behind 229 E. Madison Street.
2. To consider the rezoning request of Garten Development, LLC. from C-1 to C-3. The lots are described as 263 W. Main Street, lots 86 and 87 Old Town PT., Tax Map #10—2—86C—.
1. To consider the reappointment of David Crosier to the Mountain Gateway Community College Board of Directors
2. To consider the reappointment of Allen Dressler to the Roanoke Valley/Alleghany Regional Commission
3. To consider the reappointment of David Crosier to the Economic Development Corporation
4. To consider the reappointment of David Oliver to the Economic Development Corporation
CORRECTION AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Work Session April 4, 2023
2. Regular Meeting April 11, 2023
1. To consider Resolution R-23-15-Donation to Alleghany Humane Society
2. To consider Resolution R-23-16-OEMS Stryker Power Load System-Unappropriated Surplus
3. To consider Resolution R-23-17-OEMS grant for Stryker cot
4. To consider Resolution R-23-18-VDEM grant to purchase an ambulance
1. Proclamation declaring May as “Better Hearing and Speech Month”
REPORT OF CITY MANAGER/PRESENTATION OF PROPOSED BUDGET