The Bath County Board of Supervisors will meet at the Bath County Courthouse in Room 115 on Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
6:00 p.m. Regular Meeting Agenda
Call Meeting to Order
• Pledge of Allegiance . Moment of Silence
1. Approve or Modify the Agenda
2. Approve Minutes from July 12, 2022 Board of Supervisors Meeting and July 25, 2022 Work
Session with the Planning Commission
3. Public Comment
4. Chairman’s Report
5. Board Member Comment
6. Board Vote to Amend Bath County Code Sections 9-1 and 9-2 to implement Staggered Terms for
the Board of Supervisors and School Board
7. Resolution to change the Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for Bath County to Visit
Bath County as its primary DMO
8. Request from Bath County Schools to appropriate unspent funds from FY 2022 ($394,990.42
operating and $64,303.65 food service) to FY 2023
9. Appointments to Boards and Commissions
a. Bath County Service Authority
10. Consent Agenda
a. Payment of August invoices
b. Transfer and Appropriation Requests (if needed)
c. Correspondence and Monthly Reports
d. Additional Items
11. Closed Session – Upstairs Conference Room, Pursuant to Code of Virginia of 1950 as Amended
Section 2.2-3711. A.8 consultation with legal counsel employed or retained by a public body regarding specific legal matters requiring the provision of legal advice by such counsel regarding property in the Millboro District.
12. Actions from Closed Session (if needed)
13. Meeting Adjournment
14. Upcoming Meetings
a. Closed Session August 19, 2022 Virtual Interviews of perspective candidates for County
Administrator Bath County Courthouse time to be determined
b. September 13, 2022 – Board of Supervisor’s Regular Monthly Meeting. Bath County
Courthouse Room 115 at 6 p.m.
Public Comment Rules and Guidelines
Citizens who desire to speak in the public comment session at the beginning of the Board meeting must sign in to be recognized by the Chairman, and adhere to the following:
1) Individuals should come forward to the podium when recognized by the Chairman of the Board; speak their name and address or district in which they reside.
2) Individuals should direct their comments to the Chairman of the Board.
3) Individuals are limited to 3 minutes per comment period.
4) Individuals representing a group of four or more are limited to 5 minutes per comment period, members comprising the group represented forfeit their individual time to speak.
5) All citizens are strongly encouraged to put their comments in writing to the Board prior to the meeting for inclusion in the Board materials. Such written comments should be submitted to the County Administrators Office or to a member of the Board of Supervisors the Thursday prior to the meeting. Comments can be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Virginian Review has been serving Covington, Clifton Forge, Alleghany County and Bath County since 1914.