BATH COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
BATH COUNTY COURTHOUSE – ROOM 115
Tuesday, June 14, 2022 – 6:00 p.m.
6:00 p.m. Regular Meeting Agenda
· Call Meeting to Order
· Pledge of Allegiance
· Moment of Silence
1. Approve, Delete, Add or Modify the Agenda
2. Approve Minutes from May 10, 2022 Board of Supervisors Meeting
3. Public Comment
4. Chairman’s Report
5. Board Member Comment
6. Board vote on budget and tax levies
a. County and Schools FY 2022-23 Budgets
b. County Tax Levies for FY 2022-23
7. Public Hearing to receive input on the Short-Term Rental Ordinance as recommended by the Planning Commission
8. Public Hearing to receive input on abolishing Warm Springs Sanitation District
9. Renew solid waste management agreements with Republic Services and Jacks Trash Service
10. Board Discussion on Staggered Terms
11. Childcare Update
12. Authorize Co. Administration and Chairman to enter into a lease agreement with Enterprise Fleet Management
13. Surplus a vehicle from the Sheriff’s department fleet
14. Appointments to Boards and Commissions
a. Bath County Board of Zoning Appeals
b. Bath County Airport Authority
c. Rockbridge Regional Library Board of Trustees
d. Board of Equalization Alternate
15. Consent Agenda
a. Payment of June invoices
b. Transfer and Appropriation Requests (if needed)
c. Correspondence and Monthly Reports
d. Additional Items
16. Closed Session – Upstairs Conference Room, Pursuant to Code of Virginia of 1950 as Amended Section 2.2-3711. A.8 consultation with legal counsel employed or retained by a public body regarding specific legal matters requiring the provision of legal advice by such counsel regarding proposed agreement between the County and Visit Bath County and Pursuant to Code of Virginia of 1950 as Amended Section 2.2-3711. A.8 consultation with legal counsel employed or retained by a public body regarding specific legal matters requiring the provision of legal advice by such counsel regarding property in the Millboro District.
17. Actions from Closed Session (if needed)
18. Meeting Adjournment
19. Upcoming Meetings
a. July 12, 2022 – Board of Supervisor’s Regular Monthly Meeting. Bath County Courthouse Room 115 at 6 p.m.
Public Comment Rules and Guidelines
Citizens who desire to speak in the public comment session at the beginning of the Board meeting must sign in to be recognized by the Chairman, and adhere to the following:
1) Individuals should come forward to the podium when recognized by the Chairman of the Board; speak their name and address or district in which they reside.
2) Individuals should direct their comments to the Chairman of the Board.
3) Individuals are limited to 3 minutes per comment period.
4) Individuals representing a group of four or more are limited to 5 minutes per comment period, members comprising the group represented forfeit their individual time to speak.
5) All citizens are strongly encouraged to put their comments in writing to the Board prior to the meeting for inclusion in the Board materials. Such written comments should be submitted to the County Administrator’s Office or to a member of the Board of Supervisors the Thursday prior to the meeting. Comments can be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Virginian Review has been serving Covington, Clifton Forge, Alleghany County and Bath County since 1914.