May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Since 1949, Mental Health America and its affiliates across the country have led the observance of May is Mental Health Month by reaching millions of people through the media, local events and screenings.
Alleghany Highlands Community Services welcomes other organizations to join us in spreading the word that mental health is something everyone should care about by bringing awareness to the community.
While one in five people will experience a mental illness during their lifetime, everyone faces challenges in life that can impact their mental health.
As we continue to deal with the Coronavirus pandemic, and because of its uncertain future, many people across the country (and the world) are experiencing the crippling weight of anxiety and depression.
As the public mental health service provider for Alleghany County, city of Covington, Clifton Forge and part of Iron Gate, Alleghany Highlands Community Services wants the community to know that we are here to help and serve our local citizens.
We offer a variety of treatment options to individuals and families in need — men, women and children — and we will provide assistance in understanding the signs and symptoms of depression, anxiety and other mental health concerns.
On behalf of the board of directors, staff and individuals that we serve, Alleghany Highlands Community Services ask you to join them in bringing about greater awareness of mental health.
Ingrid W. Barber
Executive Director Alleghany Highlands Community Services Covington
In Imperial Democratic mode, politicians want indefinite lockdown for the remainder of this year!
They state that CV is currently invincible without the vaccine.
In direct democratic mode (democracy with a small d), many people, especially many Trump supporters, feel the lockdown was unwarranted as CV was a hoax.
In Representative Democratic mode, the lockdown was necessary but only for two-three weeks, which was enough time to find out what was really happening.
I have always said that CV is indeed dangerous but what is more dangerous is long-term completely powerful governance that seeks total control of the people.
The CV, while at least 10 times more potent than the “Flu,” is hardly invincible.
There are eight things people need to do to defeat the “Virus!”
1. End the lockdown now;
2. Ban 5G, vaccines, and digital currency;
3. Using Defense Production Act, all Americans need to receive Zinc tablets and a mask. The Postal Service can distribute this;
4. Using same act, all hospitals need to receive hydroxchloroquine and Vitamin C to treat severely distressed patients;
5. Mandate all who leave their residence wear facemasks if they are within six feet vicinity of others;
6. All commercial buildings must be sprayed after its use for the day;
7. All people who enter a building and/or area that has more than 20 people must be sprayed with a natural disinfectant;
8. All people above the age of 60 cannot be allowed to leave their residence for an additional 60 days unless for food and/or medical purposes.
Please read and tell all government officials to press for implementation.
Very Truly Yours,
Harsha Sankar Valley Ridge Road, Covington
The Virginian Review has been serving Covington, Clifton Forge, Alleghany County and Bath County since 1914.